These are the stories of my life. I hope they make you laugh, cry, and draw closer to GOD. May you get warm fuzzies when you read them!

Thatblogplace

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Can I get an AMEN?

I just love that dimple!
This past Sunday, May 22, 2011, my daughter made me so proud!  She asked for forgiveness of sin, and she confessed that Jesus is Lord!! 

She has been asking me for a couple of years about getting "Baptized".  I have always told her that she was too young, and she needed to wait until she really understood.  I thought I was doing the right thing for her.  I mean, I was 17 before I was saved, and I'm not so sure I even understood fully what it meant. 

I never thought a lot about how she felt, but my nephew (same age as Kaylei, 9) got saved recently.  When he told Kaylei, she got so upset, and said, "I have wanted to do that for years, but my momma won't let me!"  I got hit where it hurt...the heart.  I suddenly had the words of Jesus come to mind.  "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14.

I told her that if she was sure, she needed to go to the alter when Bro. Ron called on Sunday.  Not a single verse was completed during the invitation, when she turned to me and said, "Are you going with me or not?"  I walked the short walk to the alter with her (Kaylei likes to sit on the second pew).   I asked her if she was sure, and she told me she was.  I prayed through tears over my baby, and I told her to ask the Lord to forgive her of sin.  We both raised our hands when Bro.  Ron asked if anyone needed him to pray with them.  He asked what we needed prayer about, and Kaylei told him she wanted to be baptized.  He told her she had to confess of sin first and admit that Jesus died for her sins.  She told him she had.  He prayed over her and told her we'd get together on a time for baptism. 

After we finished praying and moved back a few steps to sit on the first pew, she broke down into sobs.  It was as if she finally felt relief.  I had held her back from what she knew she wanted needed for years, and now she was finally a CHRISTIAN!

I've never had a more blissful moment!

I hope this helps all you Christian parents out there.

Shan

1 comment:

Rosalind said...

Let me know when she will be Baptised. I want to be there :)